If anyone has new information regarding this direct LAWRENCE family line, please contact me.
(1) ?John LAWRENCE, b. unknown, d. unknown; m. to Joan ____; they resided in St. Albans, Hertfordshire, England; their children:
[#2] i. William [Sr.], b. about Jun 1630, d. 1704, m. ?1st? Elizabeth ____, m. last Elizabeth (SCUDDER) ALBURTIS;[I have not seen primary proof that John [#1] is the father of William [Sr.] [#2]; this relationship was suggested by source number 12 listed below.]
(2) William LAWRENCE [Sr.], b. possibly about Jun 1630 possibly in St. Albans, Hertfordshire, England (baptised 13 Jun 1630), d. 1704 in Middletown, Monmouth Co., NJ.; burial: place unknown.
[Some sources claim he m. ?1st? to ?Hannah? ____ (some sources say ?Hannah TOWNSEND?). I have not seen any primary proof that William LAWRENCE [Sr.] ever had a wife named Hannah ____. There are several sources (sources number 1, 5, & 6 listed below), without documentation, that claim that he did. I doubt he ever had a first wife named Hannah!]
William LAWRENCE [Sr.] m. (probably 1st), before Feb 1664, to Elizabeth ____; they resided in Middleborough [Newtown], Long Island, NY, and in Middletown, Monmouth Co., NJ; their children:
i. William [Jr.], b. about 1658, d. 1750, m. Ruth GIBBONS; [#3] ii. Hannah, b. about 1660, m. 1st Joseph GROVER, m. 2nd Nathaniel LEONARD; iii. Benjamin, b. 1664, d. 1755, m. Mary COX; [#4] iv. Elisha [Sr.], b. 17 Feb 1666, d. 25 Apr 1724, m. Lucy STOUT. v. John, b. 1668, d. 1719, m. Rachel ____; vi. Joseph, b. about 1670, d. 1743, m. 1st Sarah WORTH, m. 2nd Rachel (FOLKE) CURTIS; vii. James, b. about 1675, d. 1730, m. Mehitable ALBURTIS.William LAWRENCE [Sr.] m. last, about Nov 1693, to Elizabeth (SCUDDER) ALBURTIS (daughter of John SCUDDER; widow of Jan "John" ALBURTIS (d. about 1691)).
(3) Hannah LAWRENCE, b. about 1660 probably in Middleborough, Long Island, NY, d. unknown in Monmouth Co., NJ; burial: place unknown; m. 1st, about 1684 in Monmouth Co., NJ, to Joseph GROVER (b. about 1652, d. about Mar 1689).
Hannah LAWRENCE m. 2nd, 9 Jan 1694 in Monmouth Co., NJ, to Nathaniel LEONARD.
(4) Elisha LAWRENCE [Sr.], b. 17 Feb 1666 probably in Middleborough, Long Island, NY, d. 25 Apr 1724 in Upper Freehold, Monmouth Co., NJ; burial: Yellow Meeting House Cemetery; m., 12 Jan 1692 in Monmouth Co., NJ, to Lucy STOUT (b. 1675, d. after 1724; daughter of Richard STOUT Jr. & Frances HEATH); they resided in Upper Freehold, Monmouth Co., NJ; their children:
i. Elizabeth, b. 1 May 1692, d. 1741, m. John SALTER; ii. William, b. 1 May 1694; [#5] iii. Sarah, b. 20 Jan 1695, d. 1762, m. John EMLEY; iv. Hannah, b. 10 Dec 1697, d. 1757, m. Richard SALTER; v. John, b. 10 Nov 1699; vi. Elisha [Jr.], b. 28 Aug 1701, d. 7 Mar 1791, m. Elizabeth BROWN; vii. Joseph, b. 7 Dec 1704; viii. Rebecca, b. 7 Nov 1706, d. 30 Dec 1793, m. Thomas WALTON; ix. John, b. 28 Jan 1708, d. 19 Jun 1795, m. Mary HARTSHORNE.
(5) Sarah LAWRENCE, b. 20 Jan 1695 in Upper Freehold, Monmouth Co., NJ, d. 1762 in Kingwood Twsp., Hunterdon Co., NJ; burial: Friends Cemetery; m., 25 Jun 1719 in Upper Freehold, Monmouth Co., NJ, to John EMLEY (b. 15 Mar 1691, d. 1 Apr 1761).
NEW BOOKS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE:
This page maintained by Jack D.
Last updated: 29 March 2009
Return to top of page
Return to Genealogy Resources Page
Return to first page of Jack Mount's Home Place
LAWRENCE Genealogy &
Family History NetRing
New Jersey Genealogy &
Family History Webring
New York Genealogy &
Family History Webring