If anyone has information regarding the ancestry of Roger GUM or any other new information about this direct GUM family line, please contact us.
(1) Roger GUM, b. unknown probably in England, d. 1696 in Sussex Co., DE; m. wife unknown; he resided in Sussex Co., DE; his child:
[#2] i. John [Sr.], b. unknown, d. before 1731, m. Frances ____.
(2) John GUM [Sr.], b. unknown probably in Sussex Co., DE, d. before 1731 in Sussex Co., DE; m. to Frances ____ (possibly POTTER); they resided in Sussex Co., DE; their children:
i. Abraham, b. unknown, d. 1749, m. Hannah CONWELL; ii. Jacob, b. unknown, d. 1783, m. Sarah CLAYPOOLE; iii. Alice, b. unknown, d. 1787, m. John PONDER; iv. Sarah, b. unknown, m. Jacob SHELTMAN; [#3] v. John [Jr.], b. about 1720, d. 1802, m. Alice ____.
(3) John GUM [Jr.], b. about 1720 in Sussex Co., DE, d. 1802 in Pendleton Co., VA; m. to Alice ____ (possibly FISHER); they resided in Augusta Co., VA, and later in Pendleton Co., VA; their children:
i. Patience, b. about 1746, m. John CHESNUT; ii. Isaac, b. about 1753, d. 1830, m. 1st Jane ERVIN, 2nd Martha MCBRIDE; iii. Abraham, b. about 1755, d. 1806, m. Priscilla WADE; [#4] iv. William [Sr.], b. about 1760, d. after 1830; v. Jacob, b. about 1761, d. Jul 1820, m. Dolly ABROGAST; vi. John [III], b. about 1765, m. Mary (WADE) HENDERSON.John GUM [Jr.] was a soldier in Capt. John McCoy's Co., Augusta Co., VA Militia, in 1778 during the Revolutionary War.
(4) William GUM [Sr.], b. about 1756 in Augusta Co., VA, d. about between 1830-40 in Clay Co., KY; m., about 1780, to Jamima Seibert; they resided in Madison Co., KY, and later in Clay Co., KY; their children:
i. Rachel, b. about between 1780-90, m. Samuel CHESNUT. ii. Sarah Elizabeth, b. about 1790, m. William H. BOWLES; iii. Elias, b. about 1794, m. 1st. Susan ____, 2nd. Aggy _____; [#5] iv. William [Jr.], b. about 1795, d. about 1845, m. Patsy WALTERS; v. Stephen, b. about 1797, m. Elizabeth CORNELIUS; vi. Edy, b. about 1800, m. 1st. Hawkins BALES, 2nd. Thomas PHILLIPS; vii. Selah "Celia", b. 1 Jan 1804, d. 30 Oct 1881, m. Nimrod SMITH; viii. Abraham, b. unknown, d. 1838, m. Susannah PHILPOT;William GUM [Sr.] was a soldier in Capt. Hull's Co., 2nd Battalion, Augusta Co., VA Militia, in 1779, during the Revolutionary War.
(5) William GUM [Jr.], b. about 1795 in Madison Co., KY, d. after 1860 in Morgan Co., IN; m., 3 Oct 1820 in Clay Co., KY, to Martha "Patsy" WALTERS (b. about 1799, d. after 1860; daughter of Robert WALTERS & Frances (NORTON?)); they resided in Clay Co., KY, and later in Morgan Co., IN; their children:
[#6] i. William B., b. 23 Jul 1821, d. 9 May 1897, m. Lucinda BENTON; ii. Barry, b. 1822, m. Susan BOWMAN; iii. Franky, b. about 1824, m. Zachariah OGLE; iv. Robert, b. about 1832, d. 21 Aug 1855, m. Martha SMITH; v. Celah, m. John W. HOMER; vi. Mariah, m. Rewel BEVERLY vii. ?Susan, b. about 1834.
(6) William B. GUM, b. 23 Jul 1821 in Clay Co., KY, d. 9 May 1897 in Lee Co., KY; m. to Lucinda BENTON (b. 14 Apr 1823, d. 16 Dec 1900, daughter of Jesse BENTON & Phoebe QUICK); they resided in Owsley & Lee Cos., KY; their children:
i. Milly, b. about 1839; ii. Michael, b. about 1841; iii. John P., b. about 1843, m. Emily ____; iv. William [Jr.], b. about 1846; [#7] v. Lucinda, b. 2 Sep 1849, d. 22 Feb 1935, m. John LUTES; vi. Luellen, b. about 1852; vii. Lewis, b. about 1854, m. Mary ____; viii. Narcissus, b. about 1856; ix. Jane, b. about 1856; x. James Buchanan, b. about 1857; xi. Millard Fillmore, b. about 1858; xii. Abraham, b. about 1859; xiii. Louisa, b. about 1862; xiv. Joseph S., b. about 1866; xv. Sophia, b. about 1868.
(7) Lucinda GUM, b. 2 Sep 1849 in Owsley Co., KY, d. 22 Feb 1935 in Lexington, KY; m., 31 Dec 1871 in Lee Co., KY, to John LUTES (b. 23 May 1849, d. 17 Oct 1921).
NEW BOOKS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE:
This page maintained by Jack & Pat Mount - email@example.com
Last updated: 21 August 2007
Return to top of page
Go to Genealogy Resources Page