If anyone has additional information regarding this DEBOOGH family, please contact me.
The most commonly used form of this family's name is DEBOOGH. Other spellings in references to this family are BOOGH, BOUW, DEBOOG, DE BOOGH, DEBOUGH, DEBOW, DEBOAG, and VAN DE BOOG.
(1) Hendrick "Dirk" DEBOOG, b. unknown in The Netherlands (possibly Amsterdam), d. unknown possibly in New Amsterdam (New York); m. to Mitje SLAGBOOM (b. unknown; parents unknown); their children:
[#2] i. Capt. Frederick Hendricks, b. about 1633, d. 1686, m. Lysbeth "Elizabeth" Salomon(s) GOEWEY; ii. Garret, b. unknown, m. Hendrickje PADEN; iii. Susanna Hendricks, b. unknown, m. Arent Evertszen KETELTAS; iv. Catherine, b. about 1623, d. about 1700, m. Wilhelmus "William" BEEKMAN.Hendrick "Dirk" DEBOOG is said to have emigrated from The Netherlands in 1649 with the four children listed above.
(2) Capt. Frederick Hendricks DEBOOGH, b. probably about 1633 in The Netherlands (possibly Amsterdam), d. 1686 in New York, NY; m. to Lysbeth "Elizabeth" Salomon(s) GOEWEY (b. about 1640, d. about 1686; daughter of Solomon Ables GOEWEY & Barbara PHILLIPS); they resided in New York, NY; their children:
i. Hendricks "Henry", b. about Dec 1658, m. Grietje KERMER; [#3] ii. Solomon, b. about Oct 1660, d. about 1753, m. Anna BRADT; iii. Sarah, b. unknown; iv. Catharine, b. about Aug 1667; v. Geritt, b. about Sep 1669; vi. Philip, b. about Feb 1672; vii. Jacob, b. about Feb 1677; viii. Rebecca, b. about Feb 1677; ix. Rebecca, b. about Feb 1679; x. Isaac, b. about 1680-81, m. Hester VAN VLECK; xi. Abraham, b. about Apr 1681 xii. Marritie, b. about Feb 1683.Frederick was the captain of a trading boat on the Hudson River.
(3) Solomon DEBOOGH, b. about Oct 1660 in New York, NY, d. about 1696 probably in Albany, NY; m. 1 Jan 1686 in Albany, Albany Co., NY, to Anna BRADT (b. about 1666, d. unknown; daughter of Barent Albertse BRADT & Susanna Dirkse MAYER); their children:
[#4] i. Frederick, b. Sep 1686, d. 19 Dec 1757, m. Johanna "Hannah" VAN HOOK; ii. Barent, b. about Feb 1689, m. 1st Rachel HOPPE, m. 2nd Wilempie TERHEUN; iii. Jeremias. b. about Feb 1691; iv. Benjamin, b. about May 1694; v. Benjamin, b. about Jul 1695.
(4) Frederick DEBOOGH, b. Sep 1686 (bap. 12 Sep 1686) in probably Albany, NY, d. 19 Dec 1757 in Freehold, Monmouth Co., NJ; m., 8 Jun 1712 in New York, NY, to Johanna "Hannah" VAN HOOK (b. Jun 1693, d. after 1730; daughter of Lawrence VAN HOOK & Johanna "Hanna" Hendricks SMITH); they resided in Freehold, Monmouth Co., NJ; their children:
i. Johanna "Hannah", b. about Jan 1713, m. Jacob VAN HOOK; [#5] ii. *Anne, b. about 1714/15, d. 23 Jun 1792, m. Matthias MOUNT; iii. *Janneke, b. about May 1715; iv. Solomon, b. about 1716, d. about 1767, m. Hannah ____; v. Laurance, b. about 1717, d. about 1763, m. Deborah ROBBINS; vi. Annetie, b. about Mar 1722; vii. Maryke "Mary", b. about Jul 1724, m. Richard COMPTON; viii. Francis, b. about Jan 1731; ix. Sarah, b. about Jan 1734; x. Isaac, b. about May 1736; xi. Benjamin, b. about Nov 1737; xii. Van Hook, b. about 1738, m. Rebecca SMITH; xiii. John, b. unknown, m. Alice JOHNSON.*Anne (#ii) and Janneke (#iii) may be the same person.
(5) Anne DEBOOGH, b. about 1714/15 in NY, d. 23 Jun 1792 ("in her 78th year") in Windsor Twsp., Middlesex Co. NJ; m. to Matthias MOUNT (b. about 1706, d. 7 Apr 1791 ("in his 85th year")).
NEW BOOKS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE:
This page maintained by Jack D. Mount
Last updated: 14 May 2008
Return to top of page
Return to Genealogy Resources Page
Return to first page of Jack Mount's Home Place
New York Genealogy & Family History Webring
Power By Ringsurf
New Jersey Genealogy &
Family History Webring
Power By Ringsurf