If anyone has any other new information about this direct POLHEMUS family line, please contact us.
This surname is also spelled BOLENDER and POLENDER in some records and sources.
(1) Rev. Dietrich "Theodor" POLEMER, b. about 1500 in Germany, d. after 1545 in Mechtelhausen, Germany; he resided in Mechtelhausen, Germany; his children:
[#2] i. Rev. Theodor, b. about 1540, d. about 1570-75, m. ?Miss HAMMERSTEIN; ii. Rev. Nicolaus, b. unknown.
(2) Rev. Theodor POLHEMIUS, b. about 1540 in Mechtelhausen, Germany, d. about 1575 probably in Niederhausen, Germany; m. probably to Miss HAMMERSTEIN; they resided in Niederhausen, Germany; their children:
[#3] i. Rev. Johann Theodor, b. about 1570, d. after 1611; ii. Rev. Cornelius, b. unknown.
(3) Rev. Johann Theodor POLHEMIUS, b. about 1570 probably in Niederhausen, Germany, d. after 1611 possibly in Godramstein?, Germany; m. to unknown; he resided in Boikirchen & Godramstein, Germany; his child:
[#4] 1. Rev. Johannes Theodorus, b. 1598, d. 9 Sep 1676, m. 1st unknown, m. 2nd Catharina VAN WERVEN.
(4) Rev. Johannes Theodorus POLHEMIUS, b. 1598 in Boikirchen, Rhenish Bavaria, Germany, d. 9 Sep 1676 in Flatbush, Long Island, NY; m. 1st, probably in Gieten, Drenthe, Holland, to wife unknown; they resided in Gieten, Drenthe, Holland; their child:
i. Christina, b. about Oct 1629.
Rev. Johannes Theodorus POLHEMIUS m. 2nd, about 1643 probably in Recif, Brazil; to Catharina VAN WERVEN (b. unknown, d. about 1702, parents unknown); they resided in Recif & Itamarca Island, Dutch Brazil, and then Flatbush, Long Island, New York; their children:
[#5] ii. Adrianna, b. about 1644, d. about 1700, m. Jan Roelofse SEBRINGE; iii. Theodorus, b. about 1646, d. 1722, m. Aertje BOGAERT; iv. Margarietje, b. about 1648, m. Willem CORNELL; v. Lammetje, b. about 1648, m. Johannes WILLEMSZEN; vi. Anna, b. about 1649, m. Cornelis Barentse VAN WYCK; vii. Daniel, b. unknown, m. 1st Cornelia VAN DER VEER, m. 2nd Elizabeth ____; viii. Elizabeth, b. unknown, m. Dionys Theuniszen DENYSE; ix. Catrina, b. unknown.
(5) Adrianna POLHEMUS, b. about 1644 in Itamarca, Dutch Brazil, d. about 1700 probably in Bergen, NJ; m., about 1660 in Midwout, New Netherland, to Jan Roelofse SEBRING (b. 1631, d. after 1703).
NEW BOOKS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE:
This page maintained by Jack & Pat Mount - firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 16 April 2006
Return to top of page
Go to Genealogy Resources Page