If anyone has any other information about this direct GREGG / GRIGG family line, please contact us.
The first five generations are based on secondary sources without primary documentation and have not been verified.
(1) William GRIGG [Sr.], b. about 1632 probably in England (place unknown), d. before 1715 in Bristol Parish, Prince George Co., VA; m., possibly about1664/1665, possibly to Elizabeth BURWELL? (b. about 1645); they resided in Westopher Parish, Charles City Co., VA; their children:
 i. William [Jr.], b. about 1666, d. about 1726, m. Susan LOCKETT; ii. Susannah, b. about 1668.
(2) William GRIGG [Jr.], b. about 1666 in Westopher Parish, Charles City Co., VA, d. about 1726 in Charles City Co., VA; m. to Susan LOCKETT (b. about 1668-1671); they resided in The Graces, Charles City Co., VA; their children:
i. William [III], b. about 1689;  ii. James, b. about 1693, d. before Sep 1764, m. Frances HACKNEY; iii. Peter, b. about 1695; iv. Sarah, b. about 1702;
(3) James GRIGG, b. about 1693 in The Graces, Charles City Co., VA, d. before Sep 1764 in VA; m. to Frances HACKNEY (b. about 1695); they resided in Bristol Parish, Prince George Co., VA; their children:
i. Josiah, b. about 1720;  ii. William, b. about 1723, d. after 1764, Sarah Ann PINSON; iii. Elizabeth, b. 24 Apr 1726; iv. James, b. 7 Jan 1729; v. Peter, b. 6 Mar 1731.
(4) William GRIGG, b. about 1723 in Bristol Parish, Prince George Co., VA, d. after 1764 in Lunenburg Co., VA; m. to Sarah Ann PINSON (b. about 1730); they resided in Aaron's Creek, Lunenburg Co., VA; their children:
 i. Moses, b. about 1748, d. after 1830; m. Martha HURST; ii. Peter, b. about 1750.
(5) Moses GRIGG, b. about 1748 in Aaron's Creek, Lunenburg Co., VA, d. after 1830 in Tate's Fork, Stokes Co., NC; m. to Martha HURST or HIATT (b. 1 Mar 1746); they resided in Tate's Fork, Stokes Co. [later Surry Co.], NC; their children:
i. Mary, b. 25 Jun 1770; ii. William A., b. 4 Oct 1772; iii. Martha, b. 20 Nov 1774; iv. Moses H., b. 1 Apr 1777; v. John, b. 3 Jul 1779; vi. Sarah, b. 30 Jul 1781;  vii. Jacob, b. 13 Mar 1784, d. after 1850, m. Nancy DICKERSON; viii. Anna, b. 2 Sep 1786; ix. Joseph Vassor, b. 12 Sep 1786.
(6) Jacob GREGG, b. 13 Mar 1784 in Pilot Mountain, Tates Fork, Surry Co., NC, d. after 1850 in Middle Twsp., Hendricks Co., IN; m., 4 Jun 1807 in Patrick Co., VA, to Nancy DICKERSON (b. about 1789, d. after 1850); they resided in Patrick Co., Va, and later in Middle Twsp., Hendricks Co., IN; their children:
 i. Nancy, b. 16 Sep 1824, d. 7 Jan 1908, m. Phillip G. WORTMAN; ii. Martin, b. about 1832; iii. Elvira?, b. unknown.
(7) Nancy GREGG, b. 16 Sep 1824 in Patrick Co., VA, d. 7 Jan 1908 in Haddon Twsp., Sullivan Co., IN; m., 21 Jan 1847 in Sullivan Co., IN, to Phillip G. WORTMAN (b. 3 Jan 1819, d. 22 Jun 1880).
NEW BOOKS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE:
This page maintained by Jack & Pat Mount - email@example.com
Last updated: 17 December 2008
Return to top of page
Go to Genealogy Resources Page