If anyone has any new information about this direct BRYAN family line, please contact us.
(1) Francis BRYAN, b. about 1630 in co. Clare, Ireland, d. about 1694 in Belfast, Ireland; m. to Sarah BRINKER (b. about 1634, d. unknown; parents unknown); they resided in Denmark and Ireland; their children:
[#2] i. Morgan [Sr.], b. about 1671, d. 3 Apr 1763, m. Martha STRODE; ii. William, b. about 1685, d. 1789; iii. David, b. unknown; iv. Cornelius, b. unknown.
(2) Morgan BRYAN [Sr.], b. about 1671 in Denmark, d. 3 Apr 1763 near Mocksville, Rowan Co., NC; m., about 1719 in Chester Co., PA, to Martha STRODE (b. about 1697, d. 24 Aug 1762; daughter of Edward STRODE & Elinor ?SHEPHERD?); they resided in Chester Co., PA, Frederick Co., VA, and Rowan Co., NC; their children:
[#3] i. Joseph [Sr.], b. about 1720, d. 1805, m. 1st Hester SIMPSON, m. 2nd Alice "Alyee" LINVILLE; ii. Col. Samuel, b. about 1721, d. 1800, m. Masmilla SIMPSON; iii. James, b. about 1723, d. 18 Aug 1807, m. Rebecca ENOCHS; iv. Mary, b. about 1725, m. 1st Thomas CURTIS, m. 2nd George FORBES; v. Morgan [Jr.], b. 20 May 1727, d. 1804, m. Cassandra MILLER; vi. Elinor, b. about 1729, d. 1792, m. William LINVILLE; vii. Capt. John, b. 9 Apr 1730, d. 12 Mar 1782, m. Elizabeth Frances BATTLE; viii. William, b. 10 Mar 1734, d. 7 May 1780, Mary BOONE; ix. Col. Thomas, b. about 1736, d. about 1790, m. Sarah HUNT; x. Martha, b. about 1742, m. Stephen GANO.
(3) Joseph BRYAN [Sr.], b. about 1718-20 in Chester Co., PA, d. 1805 in Jefferson Co., KY; m. to Alice "Alyee" LINVILLE (b. unknown; probably daughter of John LINVILLE); they resided in Frederick Co., VA, Rowan Co., NC, and Jefferson Co., KY; their children:
i. Rebecca, b. 7 Feb 1739, d. 18 Mar 1813, m. Daniel BOONE; ii. Martha, b. 19 Mar 1740, m. Edward BOONE; iii. Samuel, b. about 1742; iv. Susannah, b. about 1751, d. 1810, m. Benjamin HINKLE; [#4] v. Joseph [Jr.], b. about 1752, d. 1844, m. Susan CALLAWAY?; vi. John, b. after 1752; vii. Aylee, b. unknown, m. Mr. HOWARD; viii. Charity, b. unknown, m. John DAVIS; ix. Elenor, b. unknown, d. about 1792, m. Mr. ADAMS; x. Mary, b. unknown, m. Cornelius HOWARD; xi. Phebe, b. unknown, m. James FORBIS.
(4) Joseph BRYAN [Jr.], b. about 1752 probably in Frederick Co., VA, d. 1844 in Monroe Co., MO; m. to Susan CALLAWAY? (b. unknown; parents unknown); they resided in Jefferson & Oldham Cos., KY, and later in Monroe Co., MO; their children:
i. Samuel, b. about 1784, d. 24 Dec 1863, m. Mary "Polly" ENOCH; [#5] ii. Alice, b. about 1787, d. 1858, m. James LOVE; iii. Sarah "Sally", b. about 1789, d. 1829, m. Stephen W. CALLAWAY; iv. Catharine, b. about 1794, m. Mr. DAVIS; v. Mary "Polly", b. 1 Jan 1797, d. 27 Jan 1883, m. Martin GRAFF/GROUF; vi. Susan "Sukey", b. about 1801, d. 1874, m. Alfred BOULWARE; vii. Minerva, b. about 1805-06, d. 1889, m. James BROWN; viii. (daughter1), b. unknown, m. Mr. MILLS; ix. Nancy, b. unknown, m. Thomas ENOCHS; x. Virginia, b. unknown, m. Joseph B. CALLAWAY.
Joseph BRYAN [Jr.] was a soldier in the NC Militia, in 1780 during the Revolutionary War.
(5) Alice BRYAN, b. about 1787 in KY probably in Jefferson Co., d. 1858 in Monroe Co., MO; m., 7 Aug 1804 in Jefferson Co., KY, to James LOVE (b. about 1775, d. 1847).
NEW BOOKS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE:
This page maintained by Jack & Pat Mount - firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 23 January 2007
Return to top of page
Go to Genealogy Resources Page